Before the camping trip
- All equipment requests must be done two weeks before the camping trip.
Three forms are required- one for scout quartermaster, one for adult
quartermaster, and one for the patrol leader for their records.
The day of the camping trip
- Each patrol sends two scouts (shanty boys) to pick up equipment on
the day of departure.
- The shanty opens 1 hour before departure time and remain open for
45 minutes to hand out equipment. The shanty closes 15 minutes
before the troop's departure time.
After the camping trip
- Clean and maintain equipment with the instructions in the Troop 42 Equipment Maintenance & Care guide.
- Return equipment on the second meeting after the camping trip.
All equipment except for tents must be returned to the shanty.
Tents are to be returned to the regular meeting location. Do not bring anything but tents to the meeting unless
instructed to do so. Patrol
quartermaster will make reminder calls to scouts prior to the return
date. Any equipment not returned at scheduled time is the
responsibility of patrol leader until the next camping trip.
- Check in when the Shanty is open from 7:00 to 7:30 p.m. on
the scheduled return day.
Contact the quartermaster with any questions or concerns about troop
equipment and the shanty.